Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finally! A Shelf I ACTUALLY Like!!

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for some sort of white shelf to put on our big empty wall in the kitchen.  I knew I wanted to do some sort of plate arrangement on the wall, that I had mentioned in a previous post. But I needed something to go next to the plate arrangement, as well.  I've looked at Ikea, Target, and local antique stores and never found what I was looking for.  This past weekend Country Gathering's was having their fall open house and my mom and I went.  Boy am I glad I went, plus I got 25% off of my purchase!! So this is the beautiful shelf. 
It's made locally from an old window. I've seen this a lot and always loved them but I've never seen one that has a shelf attached to the window!! Bonus!! I love the weathered old look of it and how it's more of a horizontal window pane instead of the typical vertical ones. It even has the cute little window opener thingy!! : )


Now I just need to hang it and decorate it. I'm thinking it's going to be real fun to change things out on the shelf for every season!! In the store, they even had things hanging from the window portion.  I was thinking some sort of real cute wreath like these for the Christmas season!


Obviously these wreaths would be too large for my little window, but you get the idea. I've always loved the classic look of hanging wreaths like that in windows; I may just have to put them in all of my regular windows, too!! 

For now, though...here's a few things I'm considering using.  Obviously, there will be a lot more to go along with them, but I'm not quite ready to hang it yet so I haven't got everything out. 



I can't wait to get it up, decorate it, get a plate arrangement next to it, and finally feel like I have a completed kitchen!! 

Now if I can just talk my real strong husband into putting this three thousand pound window up for me sometime soon... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment