Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Classic Coach

A mere six years ago, Christmas 2004 to be exact, my lovely husband, little did I know then, introduced me to the world of Coach. I remember it was just starting to become popular in this area, and I'd recently started noticing it.

Alex and I had only been dating since October so I didn't expect much from him that first Christmas together. I had no idea then that Alex was one of the BEST gift-givers!! Lucky me! He surprised me that first Christmas with my very first Coach product, a beautiful classic black wallet. I was instantly in love. He left that fancy little price tag on accidently, a whopping $238 bucks, and I still have that tag today!! I was so embarrassed that he'd spent so much money, but so surprised that he'd picked it out all on his own and only three months into the relationship knew exactly what I'd like.

I still carry that wallet today. I still love it today. I still have people compliment my wallet when I get it out to pay.  Good ol' Alex, always a classy guy giving classy gifts. She's suffered some turmoil the last six years, a broken zipper due to me over stuffing the coin department.  But she still looks pretty dang good.  Leave it to Coach, always making a quality product.
This is my wallet, only a brand new version of it. 

This is my actual wallet as of today. I have to say, she still looks pretty dang good! Slightly faded, but classic. 

As you can see, there's some snags in the fabric and a lot of icky dirt and grime in areas, but after six years...she's held up well. 

I would recommend a Coach wallet to anyone in search of a wallet that will always be fashionable and classic and pure quality.

Since that wonderful gift from Alex, I've become a lover of all things Coach. For Christmas 2007 and 2008, I also chose to receive Coach purses from the hubs. Christmas is a great way to actually get some things you REALLY want but can never EVER afford to just buy! I'm still carrying my 2008 Carly purse with my 2004 wallet inside and I don't feel one bit sorry for myself about it either. It's a great looking couple and I'll be sad to see them go the next time I decide to purchase a new purse/wallet combo. I still haven't found a new Coach purse that I like better than the one I have, thus the reason I'm still wearing it. 

I love love love this purse and I seriously never want to get rid of it. Other than a few tiny bleach stains on the bottom, it looks brand new practically. 

In Christmas 2009, for part of my present, my parents got me a beautiful little toiletry bag to take with us on vacations!! I looooove it because it's not super girly so Alex isn't embarrassed to carry it. Plus it has two separate zipper compartments so we each have our own section. Aaaaaand, did I mention how cute it is? So cute that it makes you want to wake up earlier on vacation just so you can get ready while looking at it's cuteness. 


Lastly, when I graduated college back in 2008, my parents got me a large bag/satchel to use since I would be a classy teacher and all and would need to carry all my papers to grade...of course I had to look good while grading them. It's hard to look fashionable while toting millions of papers around, but this bag did just that! I'm still carrying it to school/work on a daily basis. It's been my lifeline the last two years. 

She's the most weathered of all my Coach products, but I'm still completely loyal to her. 

That brings me to today...upon checking my mail, I found that I had two things from Coach. I'm lucky that they still send me these things for my old name, Temple and I also get one for my new name!! I almost threw it in the garbage because I figured it was just junk.  Man, am I ever glad I didn't do that!! Inside each envelope was a $50 gift card to put towards my next purchase!!!!  That's $100  of FREE Coach money!!! CONGRATULATIONS, ME!!! Now, I can't use them on the same day towards the same purchase, but I can buy two separate items, one on each day. This means I can pick something small out that I've always wanted!! If I'm going to buy Coach products, I usually figure go big or go home. I've always wanted to try their perfume, a small clutch wallet, a camera case, an umbrella, scarves, even a dog leash!! Never wanted to spend the $80 to get something small like that though.  Now I have the chance!!!! 

This Saturday Alex and I are heading into Aurora/St.Charles for the day to run some errands and there's a Coach store in the Geneva Commons calling my name!!!! We WILL be stopping there so I can use one of my cards at least.  The other I'll have to use before August 31st, so I'll have to come back in. Shoot, more shopping! : ) So, now I need to pick out what I want!! Here's a few things I'm considering. 



Any other ideas you've seen while shopping?? I have until Saturday to decide!!!




2 comments:

  1. The Coach Outlet in Aurora is fantastic as well. I got my tote for $150 off because it was end of season so it was only $95. Helps your money go farther ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Katie! Just stopping by to say thanks for following AisletoAloha! :) Your new puppy is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete