Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Chapter Starts Tomorrow!!!

I can't believe how nervous I am to start my new job tomorrow, and I don't even have students coming in yet!! We have institute days tomorrow and Tuesday which means meeting a lot of new people! I hope so very much that this school year goes well and I meet a lot of inspiring teachers. It's going to be so different going from a school of 3800 students, nine deans, four assistant principals, and over thirty teachers in the English department to a school of 2000 and less than 10 teachers in the English department! I'm so interested to see how different things will function and run. I'm hoping it'll be easier to open up to other people and feel important, like you're not just a number without an opinion.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed working at BHS, but sometimes with that large of a faculty, you can't help but feel slightly overwhelmed and replaceable.

I can't wait to be a part of SHS and look forward to a really great year!! Fingers crossed!!

p.s. I also start my part-time job with Ashford University on August 31st so I'll talk more about that when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment