Friday, July 23, 2010

Today's Plate Excursion-Success!!

I had mentioned in a previous post that I was obsessed with plates and would be scouring this week for some beauties!  After a tasty meal at Subway with my mom today, we decided to head over to a local antique store.  It's HUGE and totally overwhelming, but it was definitely worth all the searching.  I came home with a mere $16.00 worth of really neat serveware, a total of two large platter dishes, six small salad plates, and one adorable little teacup. Here are my findings from today.


I also came home with an obsession for the Noritake China-Mavis line, and now I want to collect the entire thing.  

It couldn't possibly match any better in my kitchen, which is light blue and white. They're so pretty, dainty, and simple. Everything I love! They were discontinued back in 1969 but you can still find the entire set and all matching serveware online.  The set itself isn't badly priced, but things like the salt and pepper shaker, the butter dish, gravy boat, etc. those are real pricey. I may have to start collecting these and asking for them as gifts.  They're just so adorable. Here's a few pieces I want to purchase NOW.

I'm telling you, they do not make stuff like this anymore at all!

So family, there's some great gift ideas! : )

Here's another neat set I got today, too. 

I got the medium sized platter dish, two salad plates, and the little teacup all in this pattern.  Again, the color and simplicity is exactly what I was looking for.  Obviously, the teacup will not be hung on the wall. 

Lastly, I got this large plain white platter dish, but I liked the cut of the plate. 


So my plans are to continue looking.  The large platter dish will be going on that big empty wall in the kitchen along with others I have yet to find.  The other two sets I don't know how I'm going to use quite yet.  I'm thinking about putting one of them above my stove in some sort of pattern.  I'd also like to wait and see if I can find a neat shelf somewhere that I could use above the stove and possibly set some plates up on that.  Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment