Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting off Fresh as Mr. & Mrs. French

Welcome to our new and improved blog! If you didn't know, I had an older blog, a 'Temple' blog, that I have recently laid to rest. I'm still a Temple at heart, but I thought I'd give the new 'French' side of me a fair try, too. It only seemed fair : ) So, here we are.

This new blog will follow Alex and my's journey/struggle/adventure through this crazy and much-loved life of ours. Our hope is that our family and friends can check in and see what new experiences and memories lie ahead for the both of us in the years to come. We will try and keep you updated as our new life as the French Family begins. To rewind...

Alex and I met almost six years ago, but we officially began in April of 2009 as husband and wife. For the past nine months, we've been extremely busy with school, both teaching it and learning it. I teach at a large, 3700 students large, high school in the Chicago suburbs as an English teacher. Alex is back in college for mechanical engineering, after three and a half years working his tail off driving a semi truck for both concrete and agricultural businesses in the Chicagoland area and helping support me during some of my college years. I couldn't be more proud of him for going back to school and doing so well at it, too! He should have less than two years left at this point! When we're not busy teaching and studying, we spend time with out cats, eating out, and back home every weekend where our family lives. We're both homebodies who love our family dearly and are lucky enough to have both of our families within ten miles of each other for our full entertainment and enjoyment : )

We hope that our friends and family will find it easier to see what it is that we do (when we're not back at home with them on weekends), and keep in touch with us when we're all a little homesick for each other. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment