Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some Moments of December

December was a very busy month for us. We spent the first half of it in Aurora and the last half in Fulton/Thomson on christmas break.
I Thought I'd share some photos of what we were up to the whole month.

Every year since I've known Alex, we've went to pick out their family christmas tree. This year we had to do it without Alex's brother, Elliott since he was away at basic training,
but I think we ended up with a pretty great tree!



My parents had my in-laws, Matt's in-laws, and all of us over for a christmas party in the middle of December. We had great food, great company, and played skit skat all night.





We also took our third annual Temple christmas trip to downtown chicago. We did some christmas shopping on State Street and Michigan Avenue. Usually we stay at the Embassy Suites in Lombard and come back much later on at night but this year we decided to try something different. We tried the Embassy Suites on State Street for our first time, and it was SO great! It was extremely convenient since it's so close to where we shop and where we eat supper. We also ate at our favorite place in the whole world every time we head downtown, Grand Lux Cafe. It's such a beautiful restaurant and has world class food. This year's trip did not disappoint, and will be something I remember forever.

Alex and I with my sister and her husband
checking in at the Embassy Suites.


After a HUGE meal at Grand Lux.
I tried the caramel chicken for my first time, and it was sooo good!
Alex got the burger, as usual.


Outside of The North Face store on Michigan Avenue
with my mom, sister, and dad.


None of these trips would be possible
if it wasn't for my incredible parents.


Hopefully next December will be just as
memorable and enjoyable as this one was!

1 comment: